Martial is the use of the traditional tools of war - melee weapons. Martial is the foundation of the many techniques and weapons that melee fighters employ.
- If before making a melee attack, you move at least 30 feet in a straight line, your attack does +1 damage.
- At Journeyman Martial, this bonus increases to +2.
- Combat Training
- +1 Melee Attack and +1 Melee Defense
- At Expert Martial, this bonus increases to +2.
- Counter Attack
- Upon a failed melee attack against you, you may retaliate against the target by making a free melee attack against them.
- You may only use this ability once between turns.
- Using this ability lowers your Melee Defense by 2 until your next turn.
- Powerful Strike
- Once per battle, you may sacrifice your turn to focus an attack on a target.
- On the next turn, when the attack triggers, you add your ranks in Martial to your Melee Attack for that turn.
- Once per battle, you may perform a special melee attack that reduces the target's Melee Defense by 2 in addition to dealing damage.